Agency Annual Reports
Each year The Children’s Cabinet publishes an annual report, which includes an overview of The Children’s Cabinet’s revenue and expenses, program outcomes, and a selection of personal stories of how we made a difference in the lives of children and families. Click the links below to view
990 Tax Returns
- Audit Financial Statements for Fiscal Year 2017- 2018
- Audit Financial Statements for Fiscal Year 2016 – 2017
- Audit Financial Statements for Fiscal Year 2015 – 2016
- Audit Financial Statements for Fiscal Year 2014 – 2015
State of Child Care in Nevada: Demographics Report
This report provides county-level data on the supply, demand, quality, and availability of child care in Nevada. State and county data are used to identify trends and make recommendations for improving how our state and individual counties meet the child care needs of our workforce.
- 2018 Nevada Fact Sheet
- 2016 Nevada Fact Sheet
- 2014 Nevada Fact Sheet
- 2012 Nevada Fact Sheet
- 2009 Executive Summary
- 2009 Full Report
- 2006 Report
The Economic Impact of Early Care and Education in Nevada
This report describes how the Early Care and Education (ECE) industry has become a significant component of Nevada’s economic infrastructure by providing financial benefits in three main ways:
- ECE supports a strong future economy by preparing children to enter K-12 education ready to learn the skills necessary to succeed in school and become productive workers;
- ECE enables parents to work and/or update their skills, which increases productivity for the state’s businesses; and
- ECE provides a significant number of jobs and generates considerable revenue in its own right.
- Full Report
- Executive Summary
General Information and Updates (Monthly)
- Childrens Cabinet News and Info – June 2019
- Childrens Cabinet News and Info – May 2019
- Childrens Cabinet News and Info – April 2019
- Children’s Cabinet News and Info – March 2019
- Childrens Cabinet News and Info – February 2019
Supporting Early Education (Monthly)
- Childrens Cabinet SEED June Newsletter 2019
- Childrens Cabinet SEED May Newsletter 2019
- Childrens Cabinet SEED Newsletter – January 2019
I’m Ready for K! What I know about Nevada’s Pre-K Standards and more: A booklet for my parents and teachers.
I’m Ready was created to support children moving from preschool to kindergarten. Both parents and preschool teachers can use I’m Ready to share examples of Nevada’s Pre-K standards that children have mastered as well as areas where they might need more support. It is our hope that the guidebook will help parents and preschool teachers work together to support children in developing the skills they need to be ready for kindergarten. When shared with the kindergarten teacher before school starts, this booklet will help teachers tailor their lessons to the students’ needs.
Partnering with Parents and Providers
The Children’s Cabinet’s quarterly newsletter provides information on child development, health and safety, quality child care and school readiness, business tips for child care providers, public policy information, activities to do with children, updates on the child care subsidy program, and announcements on training, conferences, and product recalls.
The following guidebook will help give you the knowledge and encouragement necessary to speak up on issues that are important to you. It will support you in becoming involved at your own comfort level, so you can speak up to local, state and federal policy makers.
Abuse & Neglect Awareness Booklet
This booklet contains six bilingual fact sheets on parenting, attachment, and child development. Research suggests that by providing supports and education to parents on these topics, the risk of abuse and neglect can be effectively reduced.
Abuse & Neglect Booklet