Dial 1-800-536-4588 or TEXT “SAFE” and current location to 4HELP (44357) to access a Children’s Cabinet Case Manager and a safe place.
Safe Place is a national program for youth in crisis that The Children’s Cabinet introduced to northern Nevada in 2003. The program operates through partnerships with area businesses that provide “safe places” for youth to go. Business partners include McDonald’s restaurants, Reno Police Department substations, Family Resource Centers, and the Reno Transportation Commission, including the entire fleet of RTC Ride buses.
Safe Place locations include:
- The Children’s Cabinet main office, 1090 S. Rock Boulevard, Reno
- The Children’s Cabinet Wilbur D. May Youth Center, 777 Sinclair St., Reno
- The Eddy House: 423 East 6th Street
- City of Reno Police Substation, 3905 Neil Road, Reno
- McDonald’s restaurants throughout northern Nevada and nearby California
- Reno First United Methodist Church, 209 W. First Street, Reno
- RTC Washoe County (more than 110 buses and vans and more than 1,100 bus stops)
- The Boys and Girls Club of Truckee Meadows (7 locations)
- Project Solution Community Complex, 1090 Bresson Avenue, Reno
- City of Reno Neil Road Recreation Center, 3925 Neil Road, Reno
- Fun Quest inside the Grand Sierra Resort, 2500 E. Second Street, Reno
- Campo Restaurant, 50 N. Sierra Street, Reno
- EZ Air Indoor Trampoline Park, 895 E Patriot Dr.
- Roller Kingdom, 515 E 5th Street, Reno
- Wild Island Coconut Bowl, 1855 E Lincoln Way, Sparks
- Central Reno Family Resource Center, 1950 Villa Nova, Reno
- Fly High Trampoline Park, 10 Greg St, Sparks
For more information, contact the Safe Place Program Director, Kim Hargrove, at 775-856-6200.
Are you a youth looking for Food, Shelter, Education, Healthcare, Job, etc.?
The Reno Youth Network is a resource.