Dial 1-800-536-4588 or TEXT “SAFE” and current location to 4HELP (44357) to access a Children’s Cabinet Case Manager and a safe place.
Safe Place is a national program for youth in crisis that The Children’s Cabinet introduced to northern Nevada in 2003. The program operates through partnerships with area businesses that provide “safe places” for youth to go. Business partners include McDonald’s restaurants, Reno-Tahoe International Airport, Family Resource Centers, and the Reno Transportation Commission, including the entire fleet of RTC Ride buses.
Safe Place locations include:
- The Children’s Cabinet main office, 1090 S. Rock Boulevard, Reno
- The Children’s Cabinet Wilbur D. May Youth Center, 777 Sinclair St., Reno
- McDonald’s restaurants throughout northern Nevada and nearby California
- RTC Washoe County (120 buses and vans and more than 1,100 bus stops)
- Reno-Tahoe International Airport, 2001 E. Plumb Lane, Reno
- The Boys and Girls Club of Truckee Meadows
- Eddy House, 888 Willow Street, Reno
- Reno First United Methodist Church, 209 W. First Street, Reno
- Project Solution Community Complex, 1090 Bresson Avenue, Reno
- City of Reno Neil Road Recreation Center, 3925 Neil Road, Reno
- Fun Quest inside the Grand Sierra Resort, 2500 E. Second Street, Reno
- Campo Restaurant, 50 N. Sierra Street, Reno
- EZ Air Indoor Trampoline Park, 895 E Patriot Dr.
- Roller Kingdom, 515 E 5th Street, Reno
- Wild Island Coconut Bowl, 1855 E Lincoln Way, Sparks
- Central Reno Family Resource Center, 1950 Villanova, Reno
- Northeast Reno Family Resource Center, 2750 Elementary Dr., Reno
- Fly High Trampoline Park, 10 Greg St, Sparks
- Sun Valley Teen and Family Resource Center, 115 W. 6th Avenue, Sun Valley
For more information, contact the Safe Place Program Director, Kimberly Hargrove, at 775-856-6200.
Are you a youth looking for Food, Shelter, Education, Healthcare, Job, etc.?
The Reno Youth Network is a resource.