- This event has passed.
Youth Mental Health First Aid- virtual training Course ID#195397
June 11 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pmFree
Presented by the Children’s Cabinet and the National Council for Behavioral Health
Join us on Friday, June 11th, 2021 from 9:00am to 3:00pm for Youth Mental Health First Aid virtual training.
- When Registering, PLEASE double check that your email address is entered correctly
- If you do not live or work in Nevada, please contact instructor prior to signing up. This grant primarily covers residents of Nevada, but we may be able to accept some registrations outside of Nevada on a case by case basis. Please contact Taylor Morgan at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to signing up if this applied to you.
COURSE INFORMATION (PLEASE READ PRIOR TO SIGNING UP)
• Participants must complete a 2 hour self-paced module and complete it no later than 48 hour prior to the virtual training. Learners who have not completed the module prior to the deadline will be removed from the course.
• Class size is limited and will be filled on a first come, first served basis. If the class you wish to attend is full, please contact me for alternate dates.
• Please be aware the YMHFA training will cover various topics of a sensitive nature, including depression/anxiety, substance use, psychosis, or other topics that may potentially be distressing for some. However, YMHFA program emphasizes recovery and resiliency and aims to teach participants how to provide assistance for youth experiencing a mental health challenge.
Please contact Taylor Morgan at email@example.com for any questions.
Youth Mental Health First Aid is designed to teach parents, family members, caregivers, teachers, school staff, peers, neighbors, health and human services workers, and other caring citizens how to help an adolescent (age 12-18) who is experiencing a mental health or addictions challenge or is in crisis. Youth Mental Health First Aid is primarily designed for adults who regularly interact with young people.
The course introduces common mental health challenges for youth, reviews typical adolescent development, and teaches ALGEE, a 5-step action plan for how to help young people in both crisis and non-crisis situations. Topics covered include anxiety, depression, substance use, disorders in which psychosis may occur, disruptive behavior disorders (including AD/HD), and eating disorders.