In response to community mental health needs, The Children’s Cabinet has partnered with Renown Health, Washoe County School District, and the Nevada Office of Suicide Prevention to achieve 5 broadly defined strategic activities to strengthen networks of care for teens and adolescents and their families.
- Combat deaths by suicide through the expansion of prevention, treatment, and family-centered support services
- Develop a multi-tiered communication strategy, centering around developing non-traditional partnerships and joint messaging with an emphasis on eliminating the stigma of mental health
- Advance linkages of community support services, government, and health practitioners
- Strengthen, expand, and support interventions and programs within specific environments by building creative and non-traditional care avenues
- Improve and support data collection, analysis, and dissemination efforts for behavioral health needs