Child Care Financial Assistance

Do you need financial assistance?

Apply online here or call 775-856-6200

All families, regardless of income or location, should have access to quality child care, and The Children’s Cabinet is dedicated to helping support this.

Parents can find licensed child care in your area by visiting our Search for Licensed Child Care page and to ensure you are choosing a qualified child care provider. In it, you can select a location, price point, and educational needs.

Child care is one of the biggest monthly expenses families will face. Child care rates vary by age, provider type, and county. Click here for average child care rates in Nevada. 

Below is a list of financial support available to parents depending on your family’s current situation. Read the information below, and if you have additional questions, call 775-856-6200.

Subsidy Program

If you are a parent, you may be eligible to receive support from The Children’s Cabinet to help pay for your child’s care. The Subsidy Program is a financial assistance program for adults working or seeking employment. Parents can APPLY ONLINE or print out and complete the application by clicking the buttons above.

The Child Care Subsidy Program through The Children’s Cabinet serves families living in all counties in Nevada other than Clark, Lincoln and Nye County. Families living in Clark, Lincoln, or Nye Counties can contact The Las Vegas Urban League for subsidy assistance. Apply for a Child Care Subsidy – Las Vegas Urban League | 

Other Financial Support Options

The Children’s Cabinet can provide information on many other financial assistance opportunities such as Head Start, TANF, WIC, Early Intervention, SNAP, Medicaid, Sliding Fee Scale, and more. Please click on the document in English or Español to see what resources may be available to you.

Military Support

If you are in the military or have a spouse in the military, you may be able to seek financial support from The National Association Child Care Resource and Referral Agencies (NACCRRA) – Military Family Subsidies (NACCRRA). This partnership with the Department of Defense (DoD) seeks to help those who serve in the military find and afford child care.

Head Start / Early Head Start

Federally funded, Head Start and Early Head Start provides free child care and other services for children approaching school age. These programs are based on income levels. To find a Head Start in your area, visit National Head Start Association.

Earned Income Tax Credit

Parents may be able to claim child care on taxes for a larger tax deduction. To do, please consult your local IRS office and request Publication 596 on Earned Income Credits, or contact an accountant or tax preparer.

Child Care Tax Credits

Similar to the Earned Income Tax Credit, if you have a dependent child under the age of 17, you may be able to get the Child Tax Credit. The income limit for the Child Tax Credit is much higher than for the Earned Income Tax Credit. Contact your local IRS office, or contact an accountant or tax preparer for more information.

Child and Dependent Care Tax Credit

If you have a child under 13 and owe federal income taxes, this tax credit can help cover a portion or all of the taxes you owe if you qualify. Contact your local IRS office, or contact an accountant or tax preparer for more information.

Trouble viewing this website?

Without an up-to-date browser, you may have trouble with some of our features.

Upgrade to a Modern Browser

Stay Updated and Informed by Subscribing to our Newsletter!