Each summer, The Children’s Cabinet hosts its one and only annual fundraiser called Art of Childhood. Featuring an amazing dinner, generous auction items, and speakers, Art of Childhood is a great opportunity to mingle and learn about the programs offered by The Children’s Cabinet, and even a few stories from clients who were able to use our resources!
In 2022, what can you expect from this year’s event? Here are five things to anticipate and know before the event takes place on August 19 in Reno:
- Pop of Color: This year’s theme is “Pop of Color” as a way to honor the theme of the annual fundraiser, Art of Childhood, while also giving attendees an opportunity to wear black and white with a vibrant color piece! This is a fun time to wear those yellow pumps or even that fire engine red blazer!
- Learn and Listen: Each year, we spotlight a major program we offer to the community. This year, attendees will learn more about our free family counseling. This program is a cornerstone for The Children’s Cabinet, and one of the programs that has been around since our organization’s inception. Each family receives a tailored approach to their unique needs with a plan and resources in place to keep the family strong after counseling is complete. Learn more here.
- Live & Silent Auction: Art of Childhood features a live and a silent auction, perfect for attendees in person or even far away at home. We are excited to be able to offer folks who may not be able to attend to still have the opportunity to bid on some amazing items. Check those auction items here.
- Summer is for Grilling: We are humbled by the continued support we have had from SCHEELS in Sparks. For many years, they have provided a fantastic raffle item and this year’s is amazing. They are donating a grilling package with a Traeger Grill and all the accessories. Buy raffle tickets online here. (You don’t need to be present to win!)
- Donations Fuel Our Programs: The Children’s Cabinet is a nonprofit and all our programs are free to those in need. That said, to be able to provide free resources to families requires generous support from our community. Art of Childhood is a great event to inspire donors in our state who may want to fund our mission to keep children safe and families together.
We hope to see you on August 19 at Rancharrah in Reno for our event, but as you have read above, there are many ways to participate in the fun and support our organization at the same time! For more information about Art of Childhood, visit our website for additional details.