The Children’s Cabinet Launches Employer Childcare Development Program
Seeks businesses who are interested in retaining workforce and supporting family friendly policies
RENO, Nev. – The Employer Childcare Development Program supports Nevada businesses by supporting family friendly policies and benefits. Employers who help find or offset the cost of childcare are more likely to retain their workforce.
All services are free of charge provided by The Children’s Cabinet, funded through the Division of Welfare and Supportive Services by Grant Number 2101, NVCSC6 Administration for Children & Families, Child Care and Development Block Grant – American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA).
Employers who provide family friendly benefits see great returns, including a 30% reduction in employee absences, a 60% decrease in employee turnover, and 55% of parents would take a pay cut for a job that offers childcare according to Dallas News and Kindercare.
Within the 5-Step Process, The Children’s Cabinet will:
- Analyze the current benefits package and benchmark it against national and local standards.
- Discuss workforce goals. Understanding these goals will help and inform possible solutions to increase family-friendly policies and fringe benefits.
- Assess the unique employee needs to understand how employee demographics and needs intersect to identify solutions that have the greatest return on investment.
- Aggregate results and make recommendations with tailored solutions based on goals, business, and employees.
- Support implantation and assist in connecting with local partners through the execution of each benefit.
Interested businesses can contact the Program Coordinator for the Nevada Employee Childcare Development Program, Kim Cullen at email@example.com or by calling 775-843-1324, More information on this new program can be found online.
# # #