First Annual Washoe County Youth Mental Health Summit
October 24 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pmFree
- Welcome introduction from Mayor Hilary Schieve
- Moderator Punam Mathur
- Dr. Steve Nicholas, Ed. D. MFT, NCC and author of Living Ideation
- Dr. Kris Deeter, M.D., MBA, FAAP, Physician in-Chief for Renown Children’s Hospital
- Remarks from Dr. Susan Enfield, Superintendent, Washoe County School District
- Community Resource Conversations include panels on Prevention, Crisis Response, Residential/IOP/PHP Services, Legislative Updates and more.
- Prevention Panelists confirmed: NAMI Western Nevada, Laura Yanez; Hope Means Nevada; Natalie Sanchez; State Office of Suicide Prevention; and, Dr. Cucalon Calderon from Renown.
- Crisis Response Panelists confirmed: Becky Haas from Renown ER, Quest Counseling; Rise Wellness; The Children’s Cabinet; and more to be named upon confirmation.
- Residential Options, IOP, PHP Panelists confirmed: Flana Jammerman ED Clinical Services and Ashlee Sampson Outpatient Services/PHP from Reno Behavioral Health; Ben Kellogg from Willow Springs; Kat Geiger from Thrive.
- Discussion surrounding building a professional pipeline and state legislative updates.
Space is limited, reserve your spot today! The schedule of the day is fluid, registrants will be notified of additional speakers and updates to the day’s agenda as they occur. REGISTER TODAY
Lunch will be provided, sponsored by Renown Health.
Networking reception to follow, hosted by Community Foundation of Northern Nevada.
Interested in having a resource table at the event? Email email@example.com by October 15 to reserve your spot!
Thank you Dolan Lexus for providing the space for this event.
Clinicians, NCSC Mentoring and Professional Development Day on October 21 is offering 4 suicide CEU’s. Please visit Nevada Coalition for Systemic Counseling
Connect Washoe County is an initiative of The Children’s Cabinet, Renown Health, State Office of Suicide Prevention and Washoe County School District. This event is also sponsored by the Washoe County Children’s Mental Health Consortium.